Frequently Asked Questions
What is State of Decay 2?
The next installment in the critically acclaimed “State of Decay” franchise immerses you in an all-new, multiplayer zombie survival fantasy. Build a lasting community, working with other players or solo to overcome challenges while exploring your own unique story in a world that remembers the choices you make.
What platforms will it be available on?
Coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 as an Xbox Play Anywhere game.
When is State of Decay 2 launching?
State of Decay 2 is coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 PC in 2018!
Does this game support Xbox Play Anywhere?
Yes! As an Xbox Play Anywhere title, one purchase will get you both the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of the game. And with Xbox Live and cloud save support, your Achievements and progress sync between devices, so you can switch between them and retain your community and progress in the game.
Do I need Xbox Live to play State of Decay 2?
Online multiplayer on Xbox One will require an Xbox Live Gold subscription (sold separately).
Play as a Community of Individuals in an Open-World Adventure
- There is no singular hero character. Play as an entire community — each survivor in the game is their own person, with a unique mix of background traits, skills, and attitudes that determine what they can do, what they want, and what they are willing to do to get it.
- Use your community’s unique array of individuals to forge a path through the game that is personal to you. Your choices shape the identity of your community, ensuring that no two stories are alike.
- Explore an open, simulated world filled with dynamic zombie and human enemies, friendly survivors to recruit into your community, and valuable resources and gear necessary to keep your people alive.
Four-player Co-op Multiplayer
- Play solo, or for the first time ever in the “State of Decay” franchise, with up to three of your friends.
- Invite friends to join your game, or drop into theirs. Work together as you explore the deadly post-apocalyptic environment, watching each other’s backs and sharing the rewards of your accomplishments.
- Each player maintains command of their own personal community and roster of characters.
What platforms are you launching on?
State of Decay 2 is coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 PC as a retail and digital title.
What about Steam?
Stay tuned – we’ll have more to share in the future.
RPG Progression Systems for Individuals, Base, and Community
- Develop each survivor’s traits and skills to improve their capabilities and strengthen your community.
- Collect resources to build and fortify your base, unlocking crucial new facilities and valuable community options along the way.
- Elevate your favorite survivors to leadership roles in your community by heeding their advice and completing their goals, and unlock new community benefits and objectives that suit your leader’s ideals.
- Manage the relationships and goals of your survivors to build a strong community that has a lasting impact on the future of your world.
Who is making State of Decay 2?
Undead Labs in partnership with Microsoft Studios is creating the next installment of the critically acclaimed “State of Decay” franchise.
About Undead Labs
Undead Labs is an independently owned game development studio based in Seattle, Washington. Focused on systems-based gameplay and the survival-fantasy genre, the studio is currently working on the multiplayer sequel to the 2013 hit “State of Decay,” to be released for Xbox One and PC in 2018. More information can be found on the studio website at http://undeadlabs.com